Minerals are the spark plugs of life. They are required to have sufficient energy and health and to detox the body. Without enough, we accumulate heavy metals to perform various functions in the body. Mineral depletion is truly at the root cause of all disease. As such, it is important to constantly replenish your body with the mineral elements it expends on a daily basis.
Unfortunately in today’s world, naturally occurring, nutrient-rich soil is becoming increasingly rare. Eons of vegetation growth and aggressive modern farming techniques have brought many of the earth’s minerals to the surface where they have been washed away. Synthesized fertilizers are routinely applied to farms and fields where minerals have been depleted. But man-made chemical fertilizers provide only enough mineral substance to support basic plant life. Numerous minerals essential to human life don’t get replenished.
Experts estimate that 90 percent of Americans suffer from mineral imbalance and deficiency. If you are one of them—whether because of overexercise, stress, or a diet of refined, nutrient-poor foods—your body will suffer fatigue, thyroid and adrenal issues, food cravings and numerous health symptoms including muscle cramps.
Mineral deficiencies also result in the body accumulating toxic metals. Metal toxicity causes all kinds of health issues and disease that baffle modern medicine, which do not pay close enough attention to chronic (non-acute) heavy metal toxicity and mineral deficiency. Toxicity is the main health consequence if you don’t supplement minerals. Not only does your body not have the basic materials it needs to function, but it leaves you more vulnerable to our toxic modern world.
Your body is truly a masterpiece formed from minerals. Chemical, enzymatic and electrical processes are occurring within your body at every moment. These processes can only function correctly if the proper balance of minerals is continually being supplied to your system. Iron for your blood, sulfur for your muscles, calcium for your bones, and an aggregation of many other elements in balanced amounts help to ensure the proper function of your body.
Minerals are use for thousands of processes in the body, namely:
- Food digestion, absorption and assimilation.
- Formation and control of numerous body enzyme systems.
- Synthesis of hormones.
- Reduction of damage resulting from toxic substances.
- Movement of vitamins, hormones, minerals and other nutrients to required tissues and organs.
- Regulate interrelated functioning of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, hormones, etc. in the body’s cellular metabolic processes.
“Minerals are the spark plugs of life.” Dr. Carl Pfeiffer, MD, PhD
Almost Everyone is Deficient in Minerals
Sadly, almost everyone today is mineral deficient. The main reason is a nutrient deficient diet. However, even if you eat a perfect organic Paleo diet, you will still be mineral deficient. It comes as a surprise to many of my clients that have eaten healthy for years that they are, in fact, mineral deficient based upon their hair mineral analysis. The reason is due to a combination of the following:
- GMOs. A nutritionally bankrupt, genetically modified food supply. The soil is depleted in most of the world and hybrid crops are designed for depleted soil but do not contain nearly as many minerals. This is amply proven by USDA statistics that measure mineral content of soils since the early 1900’s.
- Organic is deficient. Even organic farms have mineral deficient soil.
- Hybridized foods. Hybrid fruits and vegetables are deficient in minerals. The more a plant is bred to have desirable characteristics like shelf longevity or tougher skins to survive travel, the more nutrient content suffers.
- Super Phosphate Fertilizers. Fertilizers like MiracleGro and other NPK (Sodium, phosphorus and potassium) fertilizers cause food to grow faster leaving less time to absorb nutrients from the soil.
- Chelating Pesticides. Pesticides like Roundup that are sprayed heavily on food crops work by chelating minerals from a weed, killing it. The pesticide also chelates minerals from the soil. The pesticide continues to do its job of chelating (removing) minerals in your body when you eat these residues from conventional produce. Even organic produce can contain pesticides if sprayed illegally.
- Refined Food. Eating unnaturally refined white flour, white rice, white sugar and table salt rob minerals from your body in order to be processed by the body.
- Food Additives. Several thousand chemical food additives found in processed and prepared foods inhibit the absorption of nutrients.
- Gluten. Eating a lot of wheat and other irritating gluten-containing foods damage the intestinal tract, reducing nutrient absorption.
- Raw foods. Eating too many raw foods makes nutrient deficiencies worse. Of course, some foods can only be eaten raw, but I’m mainly referring to vegetables. Vegetables must be cooked to obtain the minerals within the plant cell walls. We don’t have the digestive system to break down the hard plant cell walls in raw foods to benefit enough from their nutrition.
- Congenital deficiencies. Even babies are extremely mineral deficient and toxic because their mothers are nutritionally depleted and toxic, and the conditions are passed directly from mother to child.
- Poor Digestion. Many people have poor digestion due to poor diet, intestinal infections, stress, fatigue, improper food preparation, and improper eating habits (eating too quickly), which will interfere with mineral absorption.
I think the only people who are not mineral deficient are people that have been eating and growing their own produce for years in mineral-rich soil or they go the extra mile to replenish their soils every year. These would also be people sourcing natural, organic grassfed meat, eggs and raw diary. The Amish are a good example.
“Experts estimate 90 percent of Americans suffer from mineral imbalance and deficiency.”
What Causes Mineral Imbalances?
Many factors cause mineral deficiencies and imbalances. I listed many of the issues in the food supply and people’s eating habits above, but there are many more factors that contribute to mineral imbalances:
- Stress. It can actually deplete minerals from the body. Stress reduces digestive ability in most people and quickly uses up vital minerals.
- Toxic Metals and Chemicals. They can replace minerals in enzyme binding sites and interfere with mineral absorption.
- Fatigue. Fatigue reduces digestive ability in a vicious cycle that leads to more illness. Many people today suffer from adrenal and thyroid issues that contribute to fatigue. If you are addicted to sugar and caffeine you likely have adrenal and/or thyroid issues. Your body is pushing you to eat foods that will give you quick energy.
- Improper drinking water. Tap water, even with a filter, is not safe due to added chlorine, aluminum, fluoride and perhaps copper. There are other types of water that do not hydrate the body enough such as reverse osmosis. The only type of water I recommend is spring water because it hydrates the body the best and contains a lot of trace minerals. Distilled water chelates minerals from the body. If you must filter water read my article The Best Water Filter on the Market.
- Medications, Birth Control Pills, Vaccinations, and more. These are all toxic to the body. Taking medical drugs usually irritates the intestinal tract and worsens digestion. Most drugs also interfere and use up nutrients. Vaccines, including flu shots, are even worse, as they contain mercury and many other toxic substances.
- Taking the wrong supplements. Taking minerals and vitamins which are not compatible with your body chemistry. Many people take nutritional supplements that are not compatible with their body chemistry. This is a common mistake and can cause further mineral imbalances. Additionally, many people take minerals, but most do not take nearly enough. Minerals are very bulky and you must take them in large amounts to correct mineral deficiencies. I always advise people to do a Mineral Power program to get testing so they can take supplements custom to their body chemistry.
- Unhealthy lifestyle habits. Many individuals do not get enough sleep and go to bed too late. We need a minimum of 8-9 hours each night. Excessive exercise also causes a tremendous loss of minerals. Exercise is good but should be done in moderation (roughly 3-4 times per week). Learn how to live a healthier Lifestyle.
- Parasitic infections. These impair mineral absorption. We suggest you eat mostly cooked food at home to reduce parasites. A Mineral Power program kills hundreds of parasites in many different ways, including a supplement called GB-3 and Infrared Saunas.
- Negative emotions. Emotions such as anger, fear, worry and more contribute to stress and use up a lot of minerals.
Why You Need Chelated Minerals
Chelated minerals are the best form of minerals. There is a considerable difference between chelated minerals and inorganic minerals, like the calcium from oyster shells, for instance. Chelated minerals consist of a mineral attached to an amino acid to assure better absorption than is possible with inorganic minerals. They are more easily transported across the cell membrane and into the cell.
Organic chelation is the natural process of building an amino acid, peptide, or polypeptide fence around a mineral so that it is available for absorption and utilization within the body. Minerals found in plant and particularly animal tissues are already chelated. But since we cannot get all the minerals we need from food, we must supplement – preferably with chelated minerals.
Less expensive supplements use mineral oxides, phosphates, sulfates or gluconates. These are sometimes called weak chelates. These are not as well absorbed as true chelates. I like the minerals in Endomet Supplements. Their minerals are bound to amino acids derived from rice protein.
Mineral supplements may also be in the form of colloids, called colloidal minerals. Colloids are larger, solid particles that are suspended but not dissolved in a liquid. Contrary to popular literature, colloidals are not well absorbed. This is why one can safely take silver, which is toxic, when it is in a colloidal form.
Ionic minerals are readily absorbed by the body and don’t need any further steps to be used by the body. I really like Trace Elements brand of ionic minerals.
Heavy metal contamination is a big problem with many mineral supplements, especially trace and some colloidal minerals. I would not recommend colloidal minerals from ancient sea beds. Endo-met Laboratories have tested a number of these products, and all are high in toxic metals. Endo-met products do not contain minerals from bone meal and rock or sea beds as they are usually contaminated with heavy metals.
Minerals come in many forms. There are 92 known mineral elements, 22 hypothesized others, and hundreds of isotopic variations. It’s no wonder that scientists are only now beginning to discover the effects and interrelationships of minerals in our human systems, such as how minerals help maintain a healthy balance, and what adverse effects are created by a mineral imbalance.
What Are Trace Minerals?
You may collect silver coins, wear a platinum ring, or have a gold filling. You’ve likely sipped tea poured from a copper kettle, eaten a cookie from a fancy tin container, or traveled on an airplane made of titanium. But did you know that these elements and many others—in very small, balanced trace amounts—are critical to your health? Although trace minerals are no longer as plentiful in the foods you eat, they exist plentifully in their proper proportions in the mineral-rich waters of the earth’s oceans and seas.
Many of the trace elements once abundant in soil are now only found in the oceans. In the oceans they are found in their proper proportions—the same basic proportions that are found in healthy human bodies. This healthy, intricately balanced proportion of minerals and trace elements found in sea water is beneficial to the human body. Today, these life-sustaining sea waters contain all of the minerals and elements necessary to support human life.
For this reason, I recommend taking kelp to get all your trace minerals. It has every mineral you need as kelp if born of the ocean. Kelp also contains some heavy metals, but it also contains alginates, which bind to heavy metals and take them out of the body.
“It is the relationships between the minerals in your body that determine how much energy you will have.”
– Dr. Paul Eck, researcher and developer of mineral balancing science using hair mineral analysis
The Medicinal Supplements Summit
Did you know that of the 54,000 dietary supplement products sold today, only a third have some level of safety and effectiveness that is supported by scientific evidence? Many supplements, even organic ones, are contaminated with toxic metals like lead, cadmium and arsenic. You could be taking supplements that are actually doing more harm than good!
That’s why I’m hosting the Medicinal Supplements Summit, taking place from September 12 – 19!
This amazing online summit is dedicated to educating consumers on healthy supplementation and the latest in supplement customization testing. Join me and over 35 like-minded health professionals – including doctors, supplement manufacturers, and best selling authors – who are dedicated to helping you HEAL.
Register for FREE now >>>> Click Here
My deepest hope is that you and your family experience vibrant health. And it all begins with taking the right supplements for YOU. So mark your calendars and join us for the Medicinal Supplements Summit September 12-19th! I’ll see you there!
A quick note from our founder-
Over the past year, my friend Dave at PaleoHacks has been working on a secret cookbook with world-renowned Le Cordon Bleu chef Peter Servold.
Well, today this new this new incredible Paleo Cookbook is finally available to be shipped right to your door for FREE
That's right -- as a special launch promotion, we're offering our brand new Paleo fat loss cookbook to you for free (Chef Pete lost 60 lbs using these recipes!) -- All you have to do is just cover a small shipping cost (international shipping is a bit more).
Get your FREE copy of Paleo Eats Here. (Grab this today, because we only ordered a small batch of these cookbooks for this freebie promotion, and they will sell out FAST!)
In April, 2009, researchers stunned the medical community when they reported chronic inflammation as the root cause of several major diseases.
See, every year 610,000 people in the U.S. die of heart disease. Cancer claims another 584,000...stroke 130,000...Alzheimer's disease nearly 85,000 — and the list goes on.
Truth is, we now know... chronic inflammation is responsible for 7 out of the top 10 leading causes of death in the United States! Hundreds of studies and scientific reviews prove it.
Fortunately, newer research shows you can prevent-even reverse-most major diseases by "turning off" inflammation. And in our new book, we show you how to do just that.
If you or a loved one is suffering from a debilitating condition-and you"re not sure what the culprit is-now's the time to find out...while you can still do something about it!
--> Grab your FREE copy of this groundbreaking soft cover book today (while supplies still last.)
To begin, I apologize for the dark nature of today's email.
However I promise what you'll discover today will be completely worth it.
Imagine a rotting corpse draped over your body from head to toe...
...suffocating tissue, restricting blood flow, damaging joints and infecting your healthy cells.
Shockingly, that nightmare is a reality for most:
64% of women and 74% of men carry too much body fat according to the National Institutes of Health.
It's choking their organs, assaulting their metabolism and sucking their energy dry.
But here's the worst part:
For most, this bodyfat has become "calorie-resistant":
It's completely unaffected by even the strictest diets... and most intense exercises.
This zombie fat is essentially... "dead tissue".
That's important for those who have 10, 25 or 50 or more pounds to lose...
AND for those who aren't technically overweight, but have what's called "pocket obesity"...
...unsightly patches of fat that cling to specific places, like:
just above your hips, lower belly, where your butt and legs meet... and even arms, neck and face.
However, there's good news:
Obesity researchers have now discovered a "metabolic jumper cable":
It jolts dead bodyfat back to life.
This allows your metabolism to burn it as calories and re-energize your entire body.
First though, here's the #1 reason why bodyfat becomes calorie-resistant:
It lacks blood flow. This has 3 effects:
- Not enough oxygen or nutrients reach fat cells, so they become unresponsive..
- Released fat can't be sent to other tissues to be burned, so fat cells suck it back in...
- 3) Metabolic hormones carrying the "burn calories" message don't reach the fat cell...
All this means one thing:
Your body can't transform into energy, the 135,000+ of calories the average person stores as fat!
You become a metabolic zombie: NO energy to think. NO energy to move. NO energy to motivate.
Update: calorie-resistant bodyfat can be now removed...
The discovery of this "metabolic jumper cable" can now reverse this process:
- It wakes up un-responsive bodyfat with a powerful calorie-burning hormonal jolt....
- It pops open fat cells, sucks out the fat, sending it off before its yanked back in...
- It shuttles fat to your brain, heart, lungs, kidneys - even your bones - to be burned as energy.
Not only do those layers of "zombie fat" start coming off, but your entire body just works better.
Plus, as your whole body burns more calories, those patches of pocket obesity whittle away.
This "metabolic jumper cable" isn't any exercise, machine or pill.
It's a little-known, calorie-burning hormone we all have... just waiting for the right spark to come alive.
It's not thyroid, leptin, ghrelin, insulin, adiponectin, HGH or any other "fat loss" hormone you may know.
And on this next page, you'll find out precisely how to unleash its calorie-burning power:
PS - Studies show that not only can healthy levels of this powerful calorie-burning hormone devour bodyfat and fortify soft muscle, but it can also reduce your risk of diabetes by 53.7%, a heart attack by 83.3% and stroke by 51.4%. Here's more of the scientific proof...
I bet you can’t guess which muscle in your body is the #1 muscle that eliminates joint and back pain, anxiety and looking fat.
This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
If this “hidden” most powerful primal muscle is healthy, we are healthy.
d) Hip Flexors
Take the quiz above and see if you got the correct answer!
P.S. Make sure you check out the next page to get to know the 10 simple moves that will bring vitality back into your life!
If you haven't heard of Claude Davis yet do yourself a huge favor and watch this video. He's going to be the talk of 2016.
One of the smartest guys I ever had the pleasure of meeting, Claude set-up a unique system that changed his life forever.
I already tried it myself and let me tell... you I was completely blown away... His surprising tactics could make your life easier and give you the peace of mind you deserve.
Don't just take my word for it... watch his short video and decide for yourself.
Is Bread Really the Staff of Life… or the Stuff of Disease?
For most us, there are few foods more comforting than bread.
Fluffy biscuits, crusty baguettes, flaky croissants… even a simple slice of toast topped with melted butter can taste like heaven.
And that smell… few scents are quite as pleasant as fresh bread baking in the oven.
But there is a lot of confusion as to where bread fits into a healthy diet.
The Bible practically commands followers to eat it: “Give us this day our daily bread…” The government put it at the base of the food pyramid. And for centuries, it has been called “the staff of life.”
Of course, there are some who disagree…
Well-known cardiologist, Dr. William Davis, calls wheat “the perfect chronic poison.”
And for a poison, we sure eat lots of it…
The average American consumes 55 pounds of wheat flour every year, making refined flour the #1 source of calories in the American Diet – a situation that nutrition expert Chris Kresser describes as, “a public health catastrophe.”
So, what is the truth about bread and wheat?
- Is it the perfect poison… or an essential daily food?
- Is “gluten-free” bread better for you than regular bread?
- And can you still eat bread… while maintaining a lean body and optimal health?
The answers to these questions may surprise you!
Be sure to read #5 – the biggest surprise of all!
Recently, Doctor of Naturopathy, weight-loss expert and best-selling Amazon author Liz Swann Miller, creator of the Red Smoothie Detox Factor, revealed 2 of the secrets to easy, steady weight loss. Secrets the big food corporations do their best to hide from us.
Secret #1: Enjoy real food. Don’t fall for the lie that you have to deprive yourself to lose weight.
Secret #2: stop eating out. You will automatically eat less without even noticing.
Then start detoxing your body with tasty, nourishing smoothies that are just as easy on your wallet as they are easy to make.
Because a single day of enjoying Liz’ smoothies demonstrated the radical power of her superfood-packed red smoothies to make me feel incredibly good.
Now prepare yourself for one of the biggest weight loss secrets there is. A secret that, when you use it properly, can transform your body and your health.
You probably know most of us eat too much processed food. What you may not know is that it’s full of toxic chemicals and substandard, dirt-cheap ingredients designed to make you eat more…and force you to gain weight.
Here’s how it works.
“That stuff is just a lot of calories your body can’t use,” Liz told me, “Some are poison. And all these foods are stripped of the anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatories that help your body detox. The result? Your body expends huge amounts of calories to eliminate some toxins—the rest, it stores in your fat to protect you. This is why most people are hungry all the time. They’re not getting energy they need.”
“So… what’s going on with me? Why am I losing weight but not going hungry?”
Liz paused, then dropped the bombshell.
Your body is designed to burn fat. You just have to let it.
“What? I thought we were designed to store fat?!?” We were Skyping and I was practically shouting. Then I heard Liz say…
What good is a fat reserve if you can’t burn it?
Liz continued: “You’re drinking smoothies packed with phytonutrients, anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatories that pull toxins out of you like a tractor beam. Allowing your body to burn those toxin-filled fat stores… and releasing tremendous amounts of stored energy.”
So that’s why I’m losing weight without going hungry.
Watch Liz’ free presentation. It’s packed with revolutionary weight loss information—information that works. Because it’s based on how nature.
Click the button only if you want to wear smaller clothes, breathe easier, move more freely and just plain feel better.
- Which calories help you lose weight…and which ones help you gain it…
- The “diet” foods…some of them vegetables…that lead to weight gain and diabetes…
- The “low-fat” foods that can dramatically increase your risk of cancer.
- And the superfoods that rescue your body from this assault by detoxing you…
Revitalizing your metabolism so you can Shed pounds as well as toxins, renew your body and reset your internal clock by up to 7 years.
Because until now, the Red Smoothie Detox Factor has been available only to Liz’ private clients. But now that she’s perfected it to work for almost everyone, almost every time, Liz is sharing it with rest of us so we can feel better and look better.
Get Red Smoothie Detox Factor before the price goes back up.
Because Liz offers a ridiculously good guarantee. You have 60 days to decide you love the Red Smoothie Detox Factor. If you don’t love it—for any reason, or even no reason at all —Liz will refund your money. 100%. No questions asked.
Sponsored Health Resources
In the years that I've been working on this website project I've come across some amazing resources by some very special people. I'd like to share them with you here.
NOTE: I update these links often so please check back to see what's new!
1) Everyone knows green smoothies are healthy right? Have you heard of a “red” smoothie? If not, check out this story…
2) Forget what you've read about 10-day lemonade cleanses, 7-day detoxes with green juices and Gwyneth's gruel. All you need to do, and this is perfect for Saturday or or anytime really, is a simple 1-day cleanse.
3) This “hidden survival muscle” in your body will boost your energy levels, immune system, sexual function, strength and athletic performance when unlocked.
4) I thought it was virtually impossible for a website to be able to tell me anything even a little bit insightful after only submitting my name and date of birth... I was wrong!
5) Turmeric is amazing. The problem is - It's hard to absorb!
6) Wonder why your stomach still sticks out even though you're hammering the core exercises every day? It's a common myth that bulging belly is due to weak abdominal muscles.
7) Even if you're the most active of athletes, you may still suffer from tight hip flexors due to the amount of time you spend each day planted to a chair.
Enjoy! Let me know how these work out for you. And if you run across anything I've missed please let me know.